The ATC Education Group Workshop’s mission is to gather new and aspiring Infinite Flight pilots and controllers all in one place so we can share and discuss new things you’ve learned or seek out answers to questions.
We want the community to be a welcoming one for people to go and be able to ask questions without judgment, and learn from those with more experience. There are no dumb questions.
We require a certain level of behavior to keep the Workshop a welcoming, growing, respectful, safe, and civil community. Harassment, hate, fear mongering, or similar behavior will not be allowed. Any such actions will be dealt with quickly and decisively. Refusal to comply will result in being banned.
Even though it’s impossible to outline all the positive models and guidance for how we hope everyone will behave, here is a non-comprehensive list of some principles we hope to encourage and see in participants.
- Be respectful while giving and recieving feedback. Direct and constructive feedback is helpful. Being mean isn’t. Give insight, not judgement. Everybody is learning. Listen if there’s a negative response.
- Ask when you need to know something, and listen to the answers.
- Hear what’s being asked and share what you know for the asker’s benefit.
- This is the most important one; if you don’t know the answer just read and wait.
- Before you react, think about how you’d feel to receive the comment you’re about to give.
We will not tolerate harassment. Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Negative comments based on race, sex, sexuality, gender, nationality, neurotypicality, political affiliation, physical appearance, home life or history, disability
- Threats of violence, physical or virtual
- Sexual actions, insinuations, attentions, or remarks
- Attempts at intimidation
Publishing personally identifying information
- Patronizing, micro-aggressive, or other belittling comments
- Continued digressions, disruptions, and derailing of someone’s conversation when asked not to.
- Blacklisting or freezing out other members, demonstration of unwillingness to listen to someone due to any or other characteristics as listed above.
A main staple of the Workshop is our AMAs “Ask Me Anythings”. We want each and every guest to feel welcome. Treat them as if they are entering your home, we want it to be a very positive and fun experience for everyone. The goal is to learn new things about them or what they do or what they’re doing.
We do not want to promote the following behavior so that we can keep the discussions productive and interesting.
- No Support Related Inquiries. Please post your question in the support category on the forum.
- No Feature Requests. “Can XX plane be added”, “When will XX be added”, etc. Please go to the features category on the forum to express your interest in a feature.
- No plugging. Do not plug your app, group, Virtual Airline, Virtual Organization, etc. unless it’s relevant to the guest.
Ask around a max of two to three questions that are well thought out, then let others get in their questions. Read, learn something new, have fun.
If you see or experience any unacceptable behavior, please contact a staff member as soon as you can via direct message. A staff member will let you know they’ve received your message, though be aware a response may not be immediate. (Responses are often decided after discussion among staff.)
By default, a report or complaint will be kept anonymous to the community, though shared among staff; if you want to remain anonymous to staff other than the one you file a report with, please make that explicit in your initial report. In either case, we will not name reporters without consent, and even then try to avoid any mention of a reporter.
If a staff member contacts you and asks you to stop certain behavior, do so immediately. Failure to do so may result in the moderators banning you, at their discretion.
If your behavior has drawn attention that requires a moderator contacting you, be aware that this will be remembered. Repeating the behavior that incurs warnings will result in banning.
If you have been warned, then call out or personally attack another member whom you think reported you, you will be banned.
If you have been watch listed or blacklisted by the Infinite Flight Virtual Airline Board or suspended on the Infinite Flight Community at any time, you will be ineligible to join and/or banned. Without exception.